The 125 lb. Mineral Tub with Fly Control prevents adult horn fly emergence from manure of treated cattle. Solid feed supplement containing S-Methoprene insect growth regulator for continuous feeding to cattle through the horn fly season. Approved for all classes of beef and dairy cattle. Due to high levels of copper, do not feed to sheep or goats. Altosid is ingested with the cattle's mineral or feed. As they graze,cattle disperse the IGR via their manure. Female flies leave the animal for a few seconds to lay eggs in fresh manure less than 5 minutes old. In 1 to 2 days, eggs hatch into larvae. After 3 to 5 days, the larvae molt into pupae. Altosid breaks the life cycle here, preventing pupae from molting into adults.
- Highly palatable - molasses based.
- Supplements need to be consumed in adequate amounts to correct mineral deficiencies.
- Weatherproof composition.
- Tub form resists waste of mineral from wind and rain.
- No-special feeder required - Since product is contained in a disposable poly- tub no equipment needed to feed product.
- Tubs easily re-located.
- Self-limiting and self-feeding.