Cornish Cross Broilers single-handedly changed American eating habits by making broiler production efficient and producing nearly a 6 lb. carcass in 6 weeks! Before Cornish Cross Broilers were developed, a chicken dinner was a rare treat reserved for special occasions. Pre-Cornish Cross era chickens grew slowly while eating plenty of feed. Their meat was tasty but sparse. Cornish Cross Broilers require special feeding and care but grow astonishingly fast. These meat birds are the best choice for a person who wants to quickly produce delicious meat and has no plan to save hens for egg production. Today it's often the most inexpensive meat the grocery store sells. Suggested feeding schedule attachment under More Info below.
- Bird Purpose: Meat Bird
- Egg Production Rate: 0 Eggs/Year
- Egg Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Small to Medium
- Bird Characteristics: Docile, Hybrid meat bird, Able to convert feed to muscle at a rate unsurpassed by any other chicken type, Special feeding regimen required to keep them from leg and heart issues
- Mature Weight: Male 9-11 lb. Female 8-9 lb.
- Package Quantity: 80 baby chicks