ISA Browns are one of the top sellers in the industry because of the number of eggs they lay and their calm demeanor. Their eggs have excellent shell quality and texture. This especially sweet, docile, gentle bird, is extremely easy to work with and are great birds for new chicken owners or young families. ISA Browns produce almost an egg every day and do well either in confinement or free ranged. Hens begin to lay around 4-5 months of age with adequate daylight hours. When they are hatched, the pullets are red and the cockerels are white for this color sex-able sex-link.
- Bird Purpose: Prolific Laying Breed
- Egg Production Rate: Females ONLY; Approximately 320 Eggs/Year
- Egg Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Large
- Bird Characteristics: Especially docile, gentle, great breed for a first time chicken owner or families, bears confinement well
- Mature Weight: Male 6 lb. Female 5 lb.
- Package Quantity: 10 baby chicks