Safe-Guard (fenbendazole) Canine Dewormer is for the treatment and control of Roundworms, Hookworms, Whipworms and Taenia Tapeworms in dogs. Safe-Guard Canine is the only over-the-counter dewormer for dogs that treats all 4 major intestinal parasites in dogs using only one drug compound, fenbendazole, minimizing your dog's chemical exposure. The daily dose for Safe-Guard Canine is 50 mg/kg (22.7 mg/lb) of body weight. Safe-Guard (fenbendazole) Canine Dewormer is safe even for puppies 6 weeks and older and pregnant female dogs. It has no known drug interactions, so it should be compatible with other medications your dog might be taking.
- Mix the daily dose with a small amount of your dog's usual food. Your dog should eat all of the medicated food. If feeding dry dog food, it may need to be moistened to aid mixing
- Repeat the daily dose for 3 days in a row
- Safe for all dogs 6 weeks and older, including pregnant dogs
- Deworming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
- Dogs readily accept Safe-Guard (fenbendazole) Canine Dewormer. When mixed in food, dogs usually eat it without fuss, which helps to ensure that they receive a complete and proper dosing.