Purina Equine Junior Horse Feed is a "complete feed", which means it is an all-in-one diet with hay built-in. This feed eliminates nutrient variability of hay or pasture and promotes a consistent diet for growing weanlings.
- Recommended for weanlings to two years old
- Gives a growing horse the proper balance of nutrients to ensure optimal growth and development
- Quality hay built-in eliminates nutrient variability of hay or pasture and promotes consistent nutrient intake
- Micro-formulated with essential nutrients for optimal health
- Provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals when fed as directed
- A precise blend of fats, fibers and soluble carbohydrates helps promote a steady growth rate
- Purina Amplify Nugget - patented, high fat, extruded particle that contains a blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice brand for an optimal fatty acid profile
- Specific amino acid profile for a complete, high quality and very digestible protein to promote proper development of muscle, bone, skin, hair and hooves
- FeedGuard Nutrition System can help deliver the trust, quality and performance that horse professional demand every day
Crude Protein (min.) 14.5%, Fat (min.) 5.5%, Calcium (min.) 0.9%, Lysine (min.) 0.8%, Phosphorus (min.) 0.55%, Fiber (max.) 16%, Calcium (max.) 1.2%, Zinc (min.) 220 ppm, Copper (min.) 60 ppm, Selenium (min.) 0.3 ppm, Vitamin A (min.) 3500 IU/lb., Vitamin E (min.) 150 IU/lb.
Every horse is unique. That's why the recommended feeding rates Purina suggests for Equine Junior horse feed may need to be increased or decreased by up to 10 - 15% to keep your growing horse in peak condition.
Equine Junior horse feed is designed to be fed as a complete feed because it's formulated with high-quality roughage. If necessary, you may also feed with good-quality hay or pasture - up to a maximum of 5 lbs per day - to relieve boredom. You should reduce the amount of Equine Junior horse feed fed by 1 lb for every 1.5-2.0 lbs of hay offered. See package for more details and complete feeding instructions.