Frontline Plus is applied directly to the skin of dogs to kill all stages of fleas and ticks on cats and dogs for 30 days.
Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs contains fipronil and the insect growth regulator (IGR) (S)-methoprene. Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs effectively targets all stages of fleas. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting protection against fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
& (S)-methoprene: 8.8%
Directions For Use:
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not allow children to apply product. To prevent harm to you and your pet, read entire label and directions before each use. Follow all directions and precautionary statements carefully. Use on dogs only. Do not use on rabbits. Do not use on other animals.
To kill fleas, all stages of brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks, deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease) and chewing lice, apply to dogs or puppies (8 weeks or older) as follows: Remove applicator from child-resistant package. Hold applicator upright and snap applicator tip away from face and body. Place applicator tip through animal's hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades. Squeeze applicator, applying entire contents in a single spot to the animal's skin. Avoid superficial application to the animal's hair. Only one applicator per treatment is needed.
Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for the elimination of mites.
Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs can also be used for the treatment and control of flea, tick and chewing lice infestations on breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches.
Frequency of Application:
- When used monthly, Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations
- Research demonstrates that Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to three months
- Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs also prevents development of all flea stages for up to three months
- Although Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs can control fleas for up to three months, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed
- Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs kills ticks for at least one month
- A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed
- Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs kills chewing lice for at least one month
- A once monthly application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed
- Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs remains effective even after bathing, water immersion, or exposure to sunlight
- Avoid contact with treated area until dry
- Do not reapply Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs for 30 days
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
Store unused product in original container only, out of reach of children and animals.
If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Note: This product may require up to 2 additional days for order processing prior to shipping