Formulated for the health & well-being of our dogs, Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients & features:
- Delicious, protein-rich, deboned chicken
- Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies & fruit
- No chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
- No corn, wheat or soy
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
Exclusive LifeSource Bits
The ingredients in LifeSource Bits help support:
- Immune system health Life stage requirements
- Healthy oxidative balance
- High-quality protein from deboned chicken & chicken meal, plus L-Carnitine help develop & maintain lean muscles
- Formulated to provide a fully satisfying meal without an excessive amount of calories from fat
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin help support healthy joint function & overall mobility
- A precise blend of calcium, phosphorus & essential vitamins helps promote strong bones & teeth
- An optimal balance of Omega-3 & -6 Fatty Acids helps promote a shiny coat & healthy skin
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Peas, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Rice Bran, Powdered Cellulose, Flaxseed (source of Omega-3 & -6 Fatty Acids), Natural Flavor, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Potatoes, Alfalfa Meal, Salt, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Caramel, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Garlic, L-Carnitine, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Taurine, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Chondroitin Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.
Crude Protein (min.) 22.0%
Crude Fiber (max.) 10.0%
Moisture (max.) 10.0%
Crude Fat (min.) 9.0%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min.) 2.0%
Calcium (min.) 0.8%
Phosphorus (min.) 0.65%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min.) 0.5%
Glucosamine* (min.) 400 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate* (min.) 300 mg/kg
L-Carnitine* (min.) 100 mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) 3,273 kcals/kg; 322 kcals/cup.
50 to 70 lb. - 2-3/4 to 3-1/2 cups*
71 to 100 lb. - 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 cups*
Over 100 lb. - 4-1/2 cups + 1/2 cup* for each additional 20 lb.
50 to 70 lb. - 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 cups*
71 to 100 lb. - 4-1/2 to 6 cups*
Over 100 lb. 6 cups + 1/2 cup* for each additional 20 lb.
Use a standard 8-oz. measuring cup.
Note: Individual dog's requirements may vary due to age, breed, environment, & activity level. Adjust food as required to maintain optimal body condition, & ask your veterinarian if you are unsure.