Nutrena Empower Balance Horse Supplement delivers superior nutrition for horses on a straight grass or mixed forage diet. A quality combination of amino acids, vitamins and minerals keeps your horses looking and feeling their best. And the low-use formula makes Empower Balance a great value for use with your hay or pasture.
- Empower Balance Grass Formula Supplement: concentrated nutrition supplement to balance a grass hay or forage diet
- Concentrated nutrient levels allow for low feeding rates
- High-quality protein with guaranteed amino acid levels help support muscle maintenance and development
- Organic trace mineral complexes help support increased bioavailability, the immune system and protein utilization
- Added prebiotics and probiotics help support nutrient digestion
- Guaranteed levels of biotin help support muscle, hair coat and hoof development.
- Designed to provide support for the nutritional needs of horses with insulin resistance or Cushing's Syndrome
- A highly palatable pellet promotes consistent intake and prevents sorting of ingredients
- Feed Empower Balance Supplement to: Easy keepers and overweight horses, miniature horses and ponies and horses requiring nutritional support for insulin resistance or Cushing's Syndrome.
Crude Protein (min.) 30.0%, Lysine (min.) 2.2%, Methionine (min.) 0.6%, Threonine (min.) 1.2%, Crude Fat (min.) 5.0%, Crude Fiber (max.) 8.0%, Calcium (min.) 3.0% - 3.5%, Phosphorus (min.) 1.5%, Copper (min.) 250 ppm, Zinc (min.) 750 ppm, Selenium (min.) 2.5 ppm, Vitamin A (min.) 18,000 IU/lb., Vitamin D (min.) 1,800 IU/lb., Vitamin E (min.) 600 IU/lb., Biotin (min.) 1.5 mg/lb.
Begin feeding at the low end of the feeding directions listed, increasing gradually until desired body condition is maintained.
Divide the recommended feed amount into two feedings per day, feeding at the same time each day to maintain proper digestion.
Feed good quality grass, mixed hay or pasture at a rate of 1.5 to 1.75 lb. per 100 lb. of bodyweight per day.
To avoid excess vitamin and mineral intake, do not exceed the feeding rates indicated. If feeding above the specified levels is required to maintain body condition, add Empower Boost High Fat Rice Bran Supplement to the diet--or change to SafeChoice Advanced Equine Formula or the appropriate Life Design formula, which are designed for higher feeding rates.
Fresh clean water should be available at all times. Horses that have been exercised should be cooled out and re-hydrated properly before being fed and before having access to unlimited water.
Provide free choice salt at all times.
Maintenance: 0.1 - 0.2 lb. per 100 lb. of bodyweight
Light to Moderate Work/Late Lactation: 0.15 - 0.25 lb. per 100 lb. of bodyweight
Moderate to Heavy Work/Early Lactation: 0.2 - 0.3 lb. per 100 lb. of bodyweight
Breeding Horses: 0.15 - 0.25 lb. per 100 lb. of bodyweight