Formulated for the health & well-being of dogs, Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients & features:
- Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Lamb
- Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies & fruit
- No chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
- No corn, wheat or soy
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
Exclusive LifeSource Bits contain a precise blend of vitamins, minerals & antioxidants selected by holistic veterinarians & animal nutritionists. The ingredients in LifeSource Bits help support:
- Immune system health Life stage requirements
- Healthy oxidative balance
- High-quality protein from deboned lamb, plus turkey meal helps build & maintain strong muscles
- Increased levels of protein & carbohydrates to help meet higher energy requirements
- Unique "small-bite" kibble is the perfect size for smaller jaws & is shaped to help promote tartar removal
- Glucosamine helps support joint function & overall mobility
- An optimal balance of Omega-3 & -6 Fatty Acids helps promote a shiny coat & healthy skin
- Essential vitamins, chelated minerals & important antioxidants help support the immune system
Deboned Lamb, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Peas, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flaxseed (source of Omega-3 & -6 Fatty Acids), Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Natural Flavor, Potatoes, Calcium Carbonate, Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, Choline Chloride, Caramel, Dicalcium Phosphate, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Taurine, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, L-Carnitine, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.
Crude Protein (min.) 24.0%
Crude Fat (min.) 14.0%
Moisture (max.) 10.0%
Crude Fiber (max.) 4.0%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min.) 2.5%
Calcium (min.) 1.1%
Phosphorus (min.) 0.8%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min.) 0.5%
Glucosamine*(min.) 400 mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) 3,633 kcals/kg; 385 kcals/cup.
Up to 5 lb. - 1/4 to 1/2 cup*
6 to 10 lb. - 1/2 to 1 cup*
11 to 15 lb. - 1 to 1-1/4 cups*
16 to 20 lb. - 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups*
21 to 25 lb. - 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cups*
26 to 30 lb. - 1-3/4 to 2 cups*
*Use a standard 8-oz. measuring cup.
Note: Individual dog's requirements may vary due to age, breed, environment, & activity level. Adjust food as required to maintain optimal body condition, & ask your veterinarian if you are unsure.