Use Purina Strategy Healthy Edge for a shiny coat, full body condition and strong hooves, without the added calories that can make easy keepers obese. Formulated for maintenance, performance and senior horses that can chew and digest hay and pasture.
- Purina Amplify High-Fat Nugget: A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for performance, shine & bloom
- Controlled Sugar and Starch: May help reduce the risk of adverse health effects caused by the management error of overfeeding
- Added Beet Pulp: Provides an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy
- High Quality Proteins: Support strong muscle growth, shiny coat and healthy hooves
- Highly Palatable: Proprietary flavor enhancer for optimal intake
- Highly Digestible Ingredients: Provide essential nutrients that support proper digestion
- Nutritionally Balanced: Provides 100% of the required nutrients for horses when fed as directed so no additional supplements are necessary (Based on "Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition-2007 in. published by the National Research Council) Concentrate Feed: Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
Crude Protein (min.) 12.5 %
Lysine (min.) 0.9%
Crude Fat (min.) 8%
Crude Fiber (max.) 18%
Calcium (Ca) (min.) 1.10%
Calcium (Ca) (max.) 1.60%
Phosphorus (P) (min.) 0.60%
Copper (Cu) (min.) 80 PPM
Selenium (Se) (min.) 0.60 PPM
Zinc (Zn) (min.) 280 PPM
(min.) 3000 IU/lb.
Vitamin E (min.) 125 IU/lb.
Starch (max.) 12.00%
Sugars (max.) 7.00%
Feeding directions with hay or pasture. Start with the amounts given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
Weight of Horse in Pound: 600 - 800 - 1,000 - 1,200 - 1,400
Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day): 7.00 - 9.50 - 12.00 - 14.50 - 17.00
Strategy Healthy Edge Horse Feed (lbs/day)**
Maintenance - Minimum Activity: 2.00 - 2.50 - 3.25 - 3.75 - 4.50
Maintenance - Average Activity: 2.75 - 3.50 - 4.25 - 5.00 - 5.75
Maintenance - Elevated Activity: 3.25 - 4.25 - 5.25 - 6.25 - 7.25
Light Work: 4.00 - 5.25 - 6.50 - 7.75 - 9.00
Moderate Work: 5.50 - 7.25 - 9.00 - 10.75 - 12.50
Early Gestation (first 250 days): 2.75 - 3.75 - 4.50 - 5.50 - 6.25
Late Gestation last 90 days): 4.25 - 5.50 - 6.75 - 8.00 - 9.25
Breed Stallion: 4.75 - 6.25 - 7.75 - 9.50 - 10.75
*This is the recommended (min.) amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Strategy Healthy Edge horse feed by 1 pound for every additional 2 pounds of hay fed.
**Do not feed less than 0.3 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight per day. If your horse gains too much weight at that (min.) feeding rate, then you should replace Strategy Healthy Edge horse feed with Enrich Plus ration balancing feed.
For best horse feeding results: Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff. Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise. Always feed a (min.) of 1.0 to 1.2 lb. per 100 lb. of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture. Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb. per day for each horse.