The McIntosh Apple is a crowd favorite with a crunchy, sweet and refreshing taste. The McIntosh Apple is a delicious option for snacking, pies and crumbles; as well as a favorite for making homemade applesauce and cider. They require a minimum of 900 chill hours and a cross pollinator such as a Jonathan or Red Delicious variety to be planted nearby. This classic large red apple is a timeless choice for both seasoned and first time apple growers.
- Includes one McIntosh Apple fruit tree in a 3.74 gal. pot and detailed planting instructions.
- Matures in the spring with harvest in September. The McIntosh Apple requires a pollinator.
- Best grown in USDA Hardiness Zones 4-8.
- Apple trees benefit from regular pruning, but only done during their dormancy. Prefers fertile, moist, well-drained soil.
- Grows to 14-30 in. tall.
- 3.74 gal. size pot has actual size of 14.165 liters