Many ice anglers are switching to 4-cycle propane powered augers because they are clean burning and low maintenance. However, they are also known to be heavy and hard to handle, or lightweight and lacking power. The Eskimo® High Compression Propane auger was designed from the ground-up, creating an auger that is both lightweight and powerful. Instead of just adapting a gasoline engine to run on propane, the engineers at Eskimo designed the engine on the HC40 to take full advantage of the higher octane rating of propane fuel. The higher compression ratio creates more power out of a smaller package, which means the angler has a lighter weight auger with the power to cut either an 8 or 10 inch hole. The powerful high compression engine will perform for years when paired with the all-metal, sealed, ball bearing transmission and fast cutting 2 blade Quantum™ augers. The Eskimo high compression propane auger gives the ice angler the reliability and dependability they have come to expect from Eskimo in an extremely powerful, lightweight package.
- Runs on readily available 1lb. propane cylinder.
- Low Maintenance. No gummed up carburetors.
- Quantum™ Auger. Ideal for re-drilling holes with its unique centering ring.
- Precision transmission offers optimum gearing. Eskimo is the only ice auger line using sealed ball bearings instead of bushings
- Minimal emissions, clean burning engine.
- Auto Prime Fuel System. No more need to prime the engine before startup, just flip the switch to ON to begin drilling.
- Quantum™ Blades last longer and hold their edge in dirty ice.
- 10" auger bit also available.