One of the best breeds for newcomers to chickens, and for families with young children, is named for the English town where it was developed. Orpingtons come in several feather colors but all are big, quiet birds with fluffy feathers that keep them toasty warm during frigid weather. One of the gentlest of breeds, Orpingtons are easy to manage. *Lavender Orpington sold as straight run only.
- Bird Purpose: Dual Purpose breed, Great as pets, Good egg laying breed, often used to hatch eggs due to broodiness
- Egg Production Rate: Females ONLY; Approximately 220 Eggs/Year
- Egg Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Medium
- Bird Characteristics: Quiet, Docile, Very friendly, Fluffy, Cold hardy, Tend to be broody, Excellent mothers, Bear confinement well
- Mature Weight: Male 8.5 lbs. Female 7 lbs
- Package Quantity: 10 baby chicks