Algi-Cure Algaecide/Cyanobacteriocide is a liquid copper formulation proven to control algae and eliminate the cyanobacteria that can cause taste and odor issues.
Available in a 1 gal. container, most mild forms of algae can be killed using 1 gal. per acre-ft of water. for severe infestations, users can increase the dose up to 5.3 gal. per acre-ft of water. See product label for specifics on dosing by species and growth form. Dilute with enough water to ensure even distribution and spray evenly across the algae.
Tips for Success:
- Apply early in the day when water temperatures are at least 60°F.
- Treat when growth first appears, waiting until algae is a big problem is harder to treat.
- When fish are present, treat algae in small sections to avoid oxygen depletion from decaying vegetation consuming too much oxygen at once.
- Do not use with Koi or goldfish. If trout are present, see label for water hardness limitations with this sensitive species.
- Eliminates the cyanobacteria that can cause taste and odor problems
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for drinking water
- Chelated copper formulation stays in solution for long-lasting control
- Helps improve water clarity
- Treated water can be used immediately for swimming, fishing, further potable water treatments, animals drinking the water or irrigation.