CrystalClear ParaSalt is formulated to increase koi and goldfish electrolytic intake. Electrolytes are critical in building and maintaining a healthy slime coat. Electrolytes such as potassium are essential in wound repair and in times of heavy stress (i.e. during water changes or clean-outs). ParaSalt is excellent for mucous production when healing from a wound. ParaSalt will also help ward off and remove most common protozoan parasites found in koi and goldfish such as: Dactylogyrus, Byrodcytulus, Epistylis, Trichodina and Chilodonella. ParaSalt can be used in a salt bath for heavy infestations or as a routine treatment to keep parasites from entering the pond environment.
- Controls 80 percent of all common pond parasites
- Helps control common parasites
- Maintains healthy slime coat
- Safe for all aquatic life
- Dosage Rate: Use 8 oz. of ParaSalt per 100 gal.
- 20 lb. jar treats up to 4,000 gal.
- Routine Application Rate: Apply ParaSalt once a month at the prescribed rates above and after a water change, clean-out or during a seasonal change. Most pond fish stress during these times and need the electrolytes to assist in repairing their slime coating
- Persistent Problem Application Rate: For salt baths, add 16 oz. of ParaSalt for every 5 gal. of water in an isolated bath or quarantine tank. Placed infected fish in an aerated (use an air stone) bath for 5-10 minutes or until fish begins to turn over. Remove fish immediately if fish shows any signs of stress. After bath, immediately remove fish to a quarantine tank for 30 minutes and monitor fish closely. After 30 minutes the fish can be placed back into the pond. Make sure to acclimate the fish back into the pond water slowly by floating it in a bag of pond water in the pond so it can regulate its temperature and avoid shock
- For Best Results: Do not over apply ParaSalt and follow directions thoroughly for maximum affect. If you are unsure of the bath application please consult your local CrystalClear pond professional