Nikko Blue hydrangea is the most common class of hydrangea with bright, long-lasting blooms. The "Nikko Blue" hydrangea has large, round flower heads that are a bold blue. The flowers bloom in late spring, over a rounded canopy of dense foliage. "Nikko Blue" hydrangea have large, oval-shaped leaves that often taper to a point. Hydrangeas are among the showiest of all the flowering shrubs, and the "Nikko Blue" Hydrangea is a superstar.
- Spectacular in any landscape design, this dazzling shrub is versatile, vigorous and easy to cultivate
- This shade of blue is rare to find in garden plants, but "Nikko" delivers a deep blue that will be the focal point of your landscape
- The flower color of the "Nikko Blue" hydrangea depends on the acidity level of the soil
- In acidic soil, this hydrangea has deep blue flowers, while in alkaline soil, the blooms tend to be lighter, and sometimes even pink
- "Nikko Blue" is an older vigorous cultivar which reaches 6 ft. in height