Red Delicious is one of the most famous American apples, and one of the most widely grown apple varieties. "Red Delicious" is a medium-large sized apple, with a tall conical shape. The dark and intense crimson color makes it the quintessential red apple, and it is has strong shelf appeal.
- "Red Delicious" is a crisp and juicy apple
- It has waxy dark-red skin and pure white flesh
- Its distinctive, delicious flavor makes it a best seller at world-wide markets
- The "Red Delicious" apple bears more heavily when pollinized with a Golden Delicious
- They will ripen together from September to October, making an attractive red and gold Fall garden display
- Although the names are similar, Red Delicious and Golden Delicious are entirely different varieties