The "Red Haven" peach is consistently the best tasting peach around! These are luscious peaches that have an almost "fuzzless" skin over firm, creamy yellow flesh. Just imagine biting into a huge red peach that is filled with sweet and juicy golden colored pulp. The fruit is medium to large size and is just right for fresh snacks, canning or freezing. It's heavy-bearing, cold-hardy, and resists leaf spot, and the fruit is spectacular. The "Red Haven" peach tree is fast growing and can produce as early as the 2nd season, giving you an abundance of fruit quickly. Best of all, it's surprisingly easy to grow. Fragrant blossoms will add beauty to the tree in springtime, and "Red Haven" peaches ripen in late July.
- The peach is the most adaptable of all fruit trees for home gardens
- When planting, they should be spaced to allow a spread of 20 ft.
- At 3 or 4 years of age they begin to bear large crops and reach peak productivity at 8 to 12 years
- Peaches need clear, hot weather during their growing season and require well-drained soil as well as a regular fertilizing program
- They also require heavier pruning than any other fruit trees to maintain size and encourage new growth
- Most peach varieties are self-pollinating, not requiring a second tree
- Cannot tolerate extreme winter cold or late frost
- Peach leaf curl, brown rot, peach scab and peach tree borer can be a problem