Barred Rocks are as beautiful and productive as they are easy to care for. In 1620 a travel-weary band of Pilgrims set foot on Plymouth Rock. Years later an ideal backyard chicken breed was named in honor of this famous site. They link the flock owner with American history while yielding abundant eggs and tasty meat. In bygone days when nearly every farm had a chicken flock, the utility and beauty of these birds made them the breed of choice. Few birds are as stunningly regal as a Plymouth Rock strolling across a summer lawn. with a New England heritage, they don't let January's blizzards interrupt laying. Calm and docile birds, they make a great addition to the backyard flock. Both cold and heat tolerant, they also do well in confinement and are great foragers.
- Bird Purpose: Great egg layer, Good meat bird
- Egg Production Rate: Females ONLY; Approximately 250 Eggs/Year
- Egg Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Large
- Bird Characteristics: Calm, Docile, Hardy in winter, Tolerates heat well, Bears confinement well
- Mature Weight: Male 9.5 lbs Female 7.5 lb.
- Package Quantity: 10 baby chicks