Rouen ducks are larger than the Mallard breed but are similar in color. This is a close second favorite breed of duck next to the Pekin. They are second to only Pekins and Muscovy in size and are said to have the most flavorful meat and have a lean body. Their temperament is calm and they lay a decent amount of eggs per year. A great addition to any size farm.
- Bird Purpose: Dual Purpose breed, decent egg laying breed, Meat, good for exhibition or ornamental purpose
- Egg Production Rate: Females ONLY; Approximately 140-180 Eggs/Year
- Egg Color: White
- Egg Size: Large
- Bird Characteristics: Calm, Excellent Foragers, Good as pets, Poor Flyers
- Mature Weight: Male 7.25 lbs. Female 5 lbs.
- Package Quantity: 10 baby ducklings