Zimecterin (Ivermectin) 1.87% Paste removes worms and bots with a single dose. Contents will treat up to 1,250 lb. in body weight
This syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1,250 pound horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per pound of body weight. (200 mcg/kg) Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lb. of body weight.
1) While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
2) Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
3) Make sure that the horse's mouth contains no feed.
4) Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
5) Insert the syringe tip into the horse's mouth at the space between the teeth.
6) Depress the plunger as far as it will go - depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
7) Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing.
Information for Horse Owners:
Swelling and itching reactions after treatment with Zimecterin (Ivermectin) paste have occurred in horses carrying heavy infections of neck threadworm (Onchocerca sp) microfilariae. These reactions were most likely the result of microfilariae dying in large numbers. Symptomatic treatment may be advisable. Consult your veterinarian should any such reactions occur. Healing of summer sores involving extensive tissue changes may require other appropriate therapy in conjunction with treatment with Zimecterin Paste. Re-infection, and measures for its prevention, should also be considered. Consult your veterinarian if the condition does not improve.
Product Warnings: Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.