Zimecterin Gold Paste is a broad-spectrum equine dewormer proven to treat 61 major species and stages of equine parasites, including tapeworms. This powerful formula combines two active ingredients, Ivermectin and Praziquantel, to provide the most comprehensive parasite control available for horses two months of age or older.
Zimecterin Gold (Ivermectin 1.55%/Praziquantel 7.75%) Paste provides effective treatment and control of the following parasites in horses:
- Tapeworms: Anoplocephala perfoiliata, Large Strongyles (adults), Strongylus vulgaris (also early forms in blood vessels), S. edentatus (also tissue stages), S. equinus, Triodontophorus spp. (including T. brevicauda and T. serratus and Craterostomum acuticaudatum)
- Small Strongyles (adults, including those resistant to benzimidazole class compounds): Coronocyclus spp. (including C. coronatus, C. labiatus and C. labratus), Cyathostomum spp. (including C. catinatum and C. pateratum), Cylicocyclus spp. (including C. insigne, C. leptostomum), C. nassatus, and C. brevicapsulatus, Cylicodontophorus spp., Cylicostephanus spp. (including C. calicatus, C. goldi C. longibursatus and C. minutus), and Petrovinema poculatum
- Small Strongyles: Fourth-stage larvae
- Pinworms (adults and fourth stage larvae) & Oxyuris equi
- Ascarids (adults and third and fourth stage larvae) & Parascaris equorum
- Hairworms (adults): Trichostrongylus axei
- Large-Mouth Stomach Worms (adults): Habronema muscae
- Bots (oral and gastric stages): Gasterophilus spp. (including G. intestinalis and G. nasalis)
- Lungworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae): Dictyocaulus arnfieldi
- Intestinal Threadworms (adults): Strongyloides westeri
- Summer Sores caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous third-stage larvae
1.87% Ivermectin and 7.75% Praziquantel.
This syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1,250 pound horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per pound of body weight (200 mcg/kg) and 454 mcg praziquantel per lb. (1 mg/kg) body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lb. of body weight.
1) While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
2) Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
3) Make sure that the horse's mouth contains no feed.
4) Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
5) Insert the syringe tip into the horse's mouth at the space between the teeth.
6) Depress the plunger as far as it will go - depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
7) Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing.
Information for Horse Owners:
Swelling and itching reactions after treatment with Zimecterin Paste have occurred in horses carrying heavy infections of neck threadworm (Onchocerca sp) microfilariae. These reactions were most likely the result of microfilariae dying in large numbers. Symptomatic treatment may be advisable. Consult your veterinarian should any such reactions occur. Healing of summer sores involving extensive tissue changes may require other appropriate therapy in conjunction with treatment with Zimecterin Paste. Re-infection, and measures for its prevention, should also be considered. Consult your veterinarian if the condition does not improve.
There has been rare reports of swelling and irritation of the mouth, lips, and tongue following administration of Zimecterin Gold. These reactions have been transitory in nature.
Precaution: This product has been formulated specifically for use in horses only. This product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in dogs, may result.
Product Warnings: Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
Note: This product may require up to 2 additional days for order processing prior to shipping