The Defender II is a beautiful air tight plate steel wood burning stove with nickel-pewter trim that accents a charcoal black finish. A heavy cast iron door with air washed ceramic glass allows a magnificent view of the burning fire that will enhance any hearth setting. How it works: the primary air inlet at the front of the stove ignites the wood upon start up. Once burning, the secondary air inlet at the rear of the firebox feeds air to the top of the stove through three (3) ignition tubes directly above the wood. The result is that you have ignition, or fire, at the bottom and at the top of the wood stove which, in effect, consumes the wood. This is a very efficient method of getting the most energy possible out of the wood that you are burning.This stove meets the stringent requirements of the EPA "Step 2 in. 2020 Certification Guidelines.
- Meets all 2020 EPA Guidelines while burning cordwood
- Burns several hours on one fueling so you wake up warm without fetching wood all night
- The Defender II wood stove heats up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- Accepts logs up to 17 In. length
- BTU rating: 68,000
- Adjustable legs
- Cast iron feed door with large 15.5 In. x 8 In. ceramic glass window so you can enjoy the view as well as the heat
- Heavy gauge 3/16 In. reinforced plate steel with firebrick lining