To align pieces for accurate assembly, fastening or welding, drive the TEKTON 5/16 in. Long Alignment Punch through holes in 2 or more parts. Its gradually tapered self-centering nose creates the mechanical advantage to position even heavy parts with smooth control. At 18 in. long, it offers extra leverage and extended reach through thick pieces or past obstructions and provides the room for a two-handed grip when needed. The tip and tapered shaft are precisely machined to meet exacting size tolerances, ensuring they are straight and true. Made from premium high-carbon steel, each punch is individually heat treated creating a strong, hardened tip while keeping the soft temper of the striking end, allowing it to absorb hammer blows without chipping.
- A gradually tapered self-centering nose aligns holes in multiple parts, positioning them for accurate assembly
- Made from premium high-carbon steel
- Straight and true, the tip and taper are precisely machined to meet exacting tolerances
- Individual heat treatment allows careful control of tip hardness and temper of striking end
- Classic natural finish has a dry-touch rust-preventative coating
Note: This product may require up to 2 additional days for order processing prior to shipping