To align pieces for accurate fastening or welding, drive the self-centering TEKTON 1/16 in. Alignment Punch through holes in two or more parts. Its long, gradual taper creates the mechanical advantage to position heavy parts and the length to reach through thick pieces. This type of punch is a little different than other common styles. It is specifically designed for positioning parts, not for driving out pins, rivets or bolts. In fact, the tip should never have any contact force applied to it. The tip and tapered shaft are precisely machined to meet exacting size tolerances, ensuring they are straight and true. Made from premium, high carbon steel, each punch is individually heat treated creating a strong, hardened tip while keeping the soft temper of the striking end, allowing it to absorb hammer blows without chipping.
- Gradually tapered, self-centering nose aligns holes in multiple parts, positioning them for accurate assembly
- Made from premium, high carbon steel
- Straight and true, tip and taper are precisely machined to meet exacting tolerances
- Individual heat treatment allows careful control of tip hardness and temper of striking end
- Classic natural finish has a dry-touch, rust-preventative coating
- TEKTON Always Guaranteed
Note: This product may require up to 2 additional days for order processing prior to shipping