The Longleaf Pine is a unique tree native to the Southeastern United States. It features a columnar structure and grassy appearance in its early stages of growth. Its large, 6-10 in. cones provide a food source for wildlife, and its long needles make an excellent mulch for the landscape.
- Includes one Longleaf Pine in a 3 in. pot and a detailed planting guide
- Best grown in USDA hardiness zones 7-10
- Mature size is 60 to 80 ft. tall and 30 to 40 ft. wide. Lower branches are lost as the tree ages
- A fast-growing tree with needles that make excellent mulch for the landscape
- Provides shelter and food for many species of wildlife, including turkeys, squirrels and even the endangered red-cockaded woodpecker
- Performs best in full to part sun