Formulated for the health & well-being of dogs, Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula is made with the finest natural ingredients & features:
- Delicious, protein-rich Whitefish
- Wholesome whole grains, garden veggies & fruit
- No chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
- No corn, wheat or soy
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
Exclusive LifeSource Bits contain a precise blend of vitamins, minerals & antioxidants selected by holistic veterinarians & animal nutritionists. The ingredients in LifeSource Bits help support:
- Immune system health Life stage requirements
- Healthy oxidative balance
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin help support healthy joint function & overall mobility
- Lean Muscle Development - High-quality protein from Whitefish & Fish Meal, plus L-Carnitine help develop & maintain lean muscles
- A precise blend of calcium, phosphorus & essential vitamins helps promote strong bones & teeth
- Essential proteins & carbohydrates help meet energy requirements for a healthy lifestyle
- An optimal balance of Omega-3 & -6 Fatty Acids helps promote a shiny coat & healthy skin
- Essential vitamins, chelated minerals & important antioxidants help support the immune system
Whitefish, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids), Oatmeal, Barley, Brown Rice, Peas, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Turkey Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flaxseed (source of Omega-3 & -6 Fatty Acids), Dried Egg, Natural Flavor, Potatoes, Alfalfa Meal, Salt, Potato Starch, Dried Chicory Root, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Caramel, DL-Methionine, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, L-Carnitine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Oil of Rosemary, L-Lysine, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Spinach, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Turmeric, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Taurine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Chondroitin Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta Carotene, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.
Crude Protein (min.) 26.0%
Crude Fat (min. 13.0%)
Moisture (max.) 10.0%
Crude Fiber (max.) 6.0%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min.) 2.75%
Calcium (min.) 1.1%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min.) 1.0%
Phosphorus (min.) 0.8%
Glucosamine* (min.) 400 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate* (min.) 300 mg/kg
L-Carnitine* (min.) 100 mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) 3,545 kcals/kg; 363 kcals/cup.
50 to 70 lb. - 3-1/4 to 4 cups*
71 to 100 lb. - 4 to 5-1/4 cups*
Over 100 lb. 5-1/4 cups* + 1/2 cup for each additional 20 lb. over 100 lb. of body weight
*Use a standard 8-oz. measuring cup.
Note: Individual dog's requirements may vary due to age, breed, environment, & activity level. Adjust food as required to maintain optimal body condition, & ask your veterinarian if you are unsure.