The simple and functional Advantek Urban Chicken Coop is perfect for new pet chicken owners. The coop is easy to relocate and features a large, front hinged door for easy access and cleanups. This chicken coop provides a pull-out tray for easy cleaning and maintenance, as well as a large roosting bar to encourage natural chicken behavior. Please note that this particular product does not come with a nesting box, and additional work may be necessary to make it the perfect home for your chickens. This coop is protected with a thin chicken wire mesh, and is best suited for those places protected from predators such as suburban backyards, rooftop gardens, and townhomes with limited space. Advantek's GoneGreen line of rabbit hutches and chicken coops are a great way to safely shelter an animal from the elements. Grown in government-controlled, sustainable forests, these shelters are constructed from durable cypress fir. Not only is it a lightweight and beautiful wood, but it's also the ideal wood for outdoor use. The fir is naturally insect-repellent and weatherproof which makes it virtually rot-proof. The insulating asphalt roof makes the chicken coop warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Additionally, all of the hardware used for this coop's assembly is galvanized to prevent rust. The charming coop allows 2 chickens to rest comfortably within Advantek's humane industry standards. These standards come from a summary of various reports and backyard chickening publications. They include having 2-3 sq. ft. per chicken for roosting and space, 1 sq. ft. on the roosting bar, a large nesting box per up to 3 chickens (although this coop does not include a nesting box), and at least 3-6 sq. ft. of running space (if not free roam). This is because chickens living in humane conditions are healthier, live longer, and produce more eggs.
- A small, backyard chicken-friendly chicken coop great for 2 chickens
- Requires assembly with all hardware included
- Includes an easy-to-clean pull-out tray as well as a large roosting bar to encourage natural roosting behavior
- Please note this chicken coop does not contain a nesting box and may need additional work to become the perfect place for your chickens to nest
- Number of chickens suggested based on in-depth research of minimum space requirements and consumer demand