The Tower Chicken Coop by Advantek is a small, backyard chicken-friendly coop constructed of weatherproof cypress fir and a waterproof asphalt roof. Perfect as a starter chicken coop, it's a great place for chickens to rest at night after spending the day safely free roaming or in a large run. This chicken coop provides pull-out drop pans, easy access ramp, a detachable roof, and a nesting box. The Tower Chicken Run is not included, but is a great way to add some safe roaming space for your chickens. The Tower Chicken Coop comes in two sizes: Small (Auburn) and Large (Craftsman Style). Advantek's GoneGreen line of rabbit hutches and chicken coops are a great way to safely shelter an animal from the elements. Grown in government-controlled, sustainable forests, these shelters are constructed from durable cypress fir. Not only is it a lightweight and beautiful wood, but it's also the ideal wood for outdoor use. The fir is naturally insect-repellent and weatherproof which makes it virtually rot-proof. The insulating asphalt roof makes the chicken coop warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Additionally, all of the hardware used for this coop's assembly is galvanized to prevent rust. The charming coop allows 2 chickens to rest comfortably within Advantek's humane industry standards. These standards come from a summary of various reports and backyard chickening publications. They include having 2-3 sq. ft. per chicken for roosting and space, 1 sq. ft. on the roosting bar, a large nesting box per up to 3 chickens, and at least 3-6 sq. ft. of running space (if not free roam). This is because chickens living in humane conditions are healthier, live longer, and produce more eggs.
- A small, backyard chicken-friendly chicken coop great as a starter coop for 1-2 chickens
- Requires assembly with all hardware included as well as a removable roof and hinged door on nesting box for easy access
- Ramp closes for complete containment and window slides to vent
- Chicken coop perfect for free-roam chickens or with Tower Chicken Run (not included)
- Number of chickens suggested based on in-depth research of minimum space requirements and consumer demand